A renewed partnership with CHU Sainte-Justine and its Foundation from 2021-2025
for the creation of a Center for Pediatric Sciences
CHU Sainte-Justine has asked Kurling for Kids to commit for the long-term funding (contribution of $1,000,000 over five years) to participate in the creation of the Pediatric Cardiac Sciences Centre, a true multidisciplinary centre characterized by a joint collaboration of their cardiology, heart surgery, pediatric ICU and neonatal teams.
The centre will make it possible to:
- Centralize the expertise and services available through various groups to provide the highest-quality patient care;
- Increase and improve patient access to the hospital’s operating facilities;
- Improve access to medical care for patients with rare heart conditions;
- Enhance the quality of care for patients using cardiac assist devices and/or waiting for heart transplants;
- Improve treatments for congestive heart failure and introduce new mechanical assist devices;
- Develop new organ donor strategies (e.g., ex vivo preservation);
- Develop and incorporate blood conservation strategies;
- Advance cardiology and heart surgery research, including neurodevelopment;
- Team up with various departments at Sainte-Justine and the MUHC to combine teams’ strengths and foster synergies;
- Develop international cooperation projects.
A centre of this nature would not only improve the quality of care provided to every child, but it would also make it possible to treat more young cardiology and heart surgery patients, cut down on wait times for elective (non-urgent or postponable) procedures, help Sainte-Justine fulfill its duties as a teaching hospital and further strengthen its national and international reputation.
Kurling for Kids' commitment for this centre is $1,000,000 and the balance remaining to be funded as of March 9, 2023 is $828,777.57.
Please visit www.fondationsaintejustine.org or www.chusj.org for more information about this incredible hospital